What is Travcom?Travcom is a not-for-profit association of travel writers, photographers, broadcasters and travel-related communicators involved in promoting a high standard of travel writing, photography and publishing in New Zealand and internationally.
Travcom organises the annual Cathay Pacific Travel Media awards to reinforce the aim of encouraging good standards of travel writing and photography.
Members agree to abide by the Travcom Code of Professional Conduct
Membership of Travcom offers good networking opportunities and other benefits:
- An annual familiarisation visit to a New Zealand destination (open to writers/editors and photographers).
- We hold events during the year on photography, writing, book publishing and other topics of interest to members in Auckland and in Wellington.
- Travcom members have access to www.mediapeople.co.nz the web-based database for editorial contacts. An excellent resource for freelancers. You can look up the editor, writers and contacts for any publication or media outlet in New Zealand by running a simple search.
- Travcom website includes a current directory of members and information about the association. The directory is compiled for ease of use by editors, publishers, national and regional tourism office representatives
- Our regular e-newsletter informs members of industry issues, upcoming events and new members, and includes commentary on past events for those unable to attend. Members can also submit press releases or other information to the e-noticeboard (100 word limit) plus hyperlinks.
- Members may receive a Travcom Media Card.
- The Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards are New Zealand's premier travel
writing and photography awards. Entry into the awards is open to Travcom members only.
- Travcom holds great parties – which are not only lots of fun, but provide excellent networking opportunities.
Privacy StatementTravcom members' contact information will be stored by Travcom and can only be accessed by you. Members' information will not be sold or otherwise shared with any third party. You are welcome to contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to opt-out of receiving communications from Travcom.
If you wish to have a listing on the Travcom Members' Directory you may choose to include a blurb about yourself, links to your website(s) and contact information. Your listing can be amended at any time by simply emailing the Travcom Administrator email@example.com with changes. Amendments are usually completed within 48 hours.